Existing Market:
Step 1: I believe that this business is able to be expanded to different type of packages. For example, a clothing package.
Step 2:
21 yr old male- He believes that the business can do something similar to Instacart, and that more effort of ensuring the packages were not touched, such as a tamper evident seal, would greatly help the business.
19 yr old female- She believes that this business could go ways regarding underdeveloped countries. In addition to food care packages, she suggested a medical and/or tools package.
30 yr old male- He says that the business should offer faster delivery. Also, that these packages can be made into, hygiene packages and so on.
Step 3: I completely agree with the feedback of these customers. Why should I settle for this just food packages, when I can put a variety of things within these packages. However, with that being said, in the beginning of the business, I would focus more on the food since it is the most important thing currently.
In addition, my business can and should have faster delivery to get the products right to the consumers in time. I suppose, that something similar to Instacart can be in the works with local delivers via an app but, there is extreme competition within that field. So, the business must have a huge amount of credibility to be a competitor against the likes.
New Market:
Step 1 and Step 2: Since my business is already a B2C market, I could possibly make it B2B as well. Due to high demand, I just might need that extra "oomph" to have the business be more efficient overall. The thought of having this business venture off to being more than just food, leads to countless possibilities. I can use it for clothing, hygiene, tools, and medical equipment.
Step 3:
35 yr old male- He says this business will help promote social standing, and help people who need to stay indoors, stay indoors. He also suggested adding more bang for their buck, more food.
24 yr old female- She believes that this will help people follow stay at home orders. With that being said, she'd like for the packages to include hygiene so people don't have anymore excuses of going out instead of going to work.
Step 4: Through the feedback, I learned that this business truly can go the distance. There are a countless amount of possibilities that would help it reach its full potential. These recommendations is surely in deep consideration.
I'm surprised that many people saw more than I thought the business can be. They truly opened my mind and help me realize that it can provide well for the consumers. This new market being added upon the existing market is attractive but, I wouldn't put it above the food packages.
Hi, Berteau:
ReplyDeleteI agree - food is not the only necessity these packages could satisfy. Although food seems to be the greatest necessity, there are others you uncovered through self-reflection and your interviews - such as clothing, medicine, hygienic products, etc. As this virus has advanced, I believe your opportunity has become more and more feasible. In general, people should not be leaving their homes; however, some groups of people are even more at risk than others . . . If your packages were to include more than just food products, perhaps they could benefit these high-risk people who are unable to leave their homes to acquire the bare necessities. Great work!
Hi Berteau,
ReplyDeleteIt was cool to see that you were able to still get interviews given the current events, but I hope you are staying safe. I think those you interviewed gave you really valuable feedback and suggestions for your business concept, like the medical care package idea from the second person you interviewed. Your reflection on these insights was well-put and constructive; Great job!
Hey Berteau,
ReplyDeleteI thought it was great that you were able to include these customer interviews. It's really helpful to see other people's perspectives on your business idea, especially those that would be most involved with it when it is implemented. They had some great ideas for you and helped to show that it was truly possible to venture out and expand your idea.