Friday, January 31, 2020

4A- Forming an Opportunity Belief

Belief:

The Coronavirus can be contained

Describe your belief:

1) The unmet need is a vaccine or quarantine area in the U.S The health of the many residents in the U.S that may contract the illness due to it being easily spread.
2) Everyone has the need of not being diagnosed with the sickness that can spread if someone simply just coughs in the air. They experience this need all the time.
3) The need comes from people not wanting to come into contact with a sickness that can cause death. So, since it was first discovered.
4) They're addressing the need by keeping their hands clean and avoiding contact with their facial features.
5) I'm 90% sure that the opportunity to contain this virus exists.

First Year Student

   I interviewed a first year student. He believes that a travel ban needs to be put in place and quarantine to contain the virus. He states that every time he comes across a meme of it online, it causes him to worry. He believes that the need of the ban comes from the protection of the population and, that there is a sense of urgency in creating a vaccine to stop the virus from spreading.

Young woman in a relationship

   I interviewed a young woman while at the Reitz. She believes that a broader understanding of the virus must be made known before a cure can be made. Once people know of what causes the sickness to strengthen or weaken then a cure can be made into effect properly. The thought of the virus only arises when their friend brings it up. She says that there are a few individuals going to Africa to test a vaccine that can potentially cure the virus which, would lessen the startling of the country since the virus came into fruition.

Senior in High school

   I interviewed an honor roll student at a high school. She believes that a vaccine is not the answer but, a pill to contain the virus to a minimum would be the better solution. The issue of the virus tends to stay on the back of her mind. She states that the need of a solution came from the outburst of the public. She also states that people aren't truly addressing the situation but, just waiting and watching.

REFLECT:

   I learned that some people do share the same views with me regarding a vaccine or using a quarantine to contain the virus. What caught my eye was, the solution of using travel bans, this could work well but, have its side effects. I was quite shocked that the senior told me that a vaccine shouldn't be made but, a pill to just lessen the effects of the virus. The virus would still be in the system and not completely killed off.

SUMMARY:

   I believe a good 80% of the opportunity still exists. The new opportunity is more accurate, as travel bans would contain the virus which, creates time for a vaccine to be made properly. I believe that the opportunities should be adapted to feedback because, it shows that the safety of the country comes first.


2 comments:

  1. Hi, Berteau:

    I think it's neat you chose a topic that's extremely relevant to what's happening in the world right now. The Coronavirus spreading in the United States as rapidly as it is in China is a very scary thought. I share your belief that it can be contained, and I agree with some of the methods mentioned by you and the methods uncovered in your interviews. I totally agree with a travel ban, and I know a few have already been put into place. I also agree with quarantines in order to keep the uninfected from catching the virus. I'm not as sure about vaccines or pills, as I hadn't even heard of the Coronavirus until a few weeks ago. If the epidemic persists, I'm sure measures such as vaccines and pills will be necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The corona Virus is a very relevant topic in todays news. The corona virus is spreading faster than the projections in China and is creating a fear in the health communities. I think it is important that people understand the protocols and procedures that need to be taken in order to stay healthy such as washing their hands. I believe a travel ban would need to put into place in order to keep the US away from the sickness. Anyone that comes from those countries that contain wide spread amounts of the sickness should be quarantined and screened. Nice Job

    ReplyDelete