1) This past semester I failed a General Chemistry 1 test. In my defense, the second exam that consisted of calorimetry was taken way out of proportion. I studied for countless hours, and I realized when taking the test, this is what it means for when you teach yourself in college.
2) I learned that the studying habits and/or new study methods did not match up well with that certain class. I decided to relate to real life situations, you cannot approach every situation with the same mindset. You have to switch up your game stance.
3) Failure, at first, is pure embarrassment, there is no ifs and buts about it. Emotionally, I start to think to myself, did I really do that? It is like a switch that goes off in my mind, that causes me to go into a moody state. I notice that, behaviorally, I seem to be less motivated through the duration of the day. This class has taught me, that failure will lead to success. Failure is the kickstart in our minds that will not allow us to settle for mediocrity. I am more likely to take a risk now.
Hey Berteau,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your post and really liked what you said in the last paragraph about failure being a "kickstart". Failure allows people to realize what they are doing wrong and access what they need to do next in order to improve or succeed the next time. I too have failed a chem test on multiple occasions and now that I am in Organic Chemistry 2 it has definitely only challenged me more and more but it changes your study habits and really makes those skills better.
Hi Berteau,
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your exam score, but it seems like you are learning to grow from it and find the positive in the situation. Its also great to hear that you are learning to adapt your study habits to improve in the future. It is so important to accept and improve upon your mistakes and it seems like you are already adopting that mentality. Great job with the assignment!