Interview #1: Close friend who attends FSU
He states that his preference is to order his materials from an online source. He also said that it depends on the what he's buying to choose either the better price or better quality. To better explain this, he made two examples regarding a pair of socks and a PS4. He'd buy the socks for the better price, and the PS4 that has the better quality. The interviewee states that the purchase would be deemed "good" if it's a necessity. It would be deemed "bad" if he bought it just to have the item in his possession.
Interview #2: One of my roommates
My roommate states that he prefers buying in-store rather than online. He uses cash to purchase his items, and goes the price route instead of quality. Regarding the purchases, he deems them "good" if it does the job and "bad" if it doesn't work for him.
Interview #3: Young woman from UF bookstore
She prefers online shopping due to the fact that she can order things from a click of a finger. She also states that quality will always take front seat over prices. They deem the product "good" or "bad" after receiving, testing, and putting it to use. If it's not up to her standards, it's a bad buy.
Conclusion:
Upon the conclusion of my interviews, I realized that most people would choose quality over price if it were up to standards. My first interviewee would choose either, depending on the item. My second interviewee went the price route, due to being a college student. My third interviewee chose quality because, according to her, quality is better than quantity.
Hey Berteau,
ReplyDeleteThese are some interesting findings you have collected. If it were me, I think I would say that I would choose something that is of a lower price than something that is of slightly better quality. It really just depends who you interview I guess. But since I am a college student trying to save some money, I would definitely choose price.