Friday, February 28, 2020

13A- Reading Reflection No. 1

1)  I read about Elon Musk because, I highly believe that his innovations can actually advance today's technology to the standard we believed to have it about a decade ago. A couple of things surprised me, really, he seemed a bit cold-hearted with his employees. I'm assuming that's because of his past experiences in his household growing up. I admire that he knew what type of career he wanted to have at an early age. When I was growing up, I wanted to be Lightning McQueen. So, being able to read about him already doing code was something I'd never imagine doing at a young age. 
   I definitely did not admire him being somewhat, cold-hearted. He did grow up kind of rough and it kind of showed by the way he treated his employees, however, that could've just been his passion for wanting everything to be right in his eyes. Elon Musk, definitely encountered failure. To overcome them, he persistently searched for solutions. It was like trial and error for the most part.

2) One of Elon Musk's competencies is the use of AI. Artificial intelligence is somewhat terrifying when people think about robots but, he uses it to push technology even more as it is used in his cars and rockets.

3) In the later stages of the biography, the author seems to have gained "stalker" esque vibes. All jokes aside, extreme favoritism can clearly be seen and it was hilarious at some points.

4) The first question I'd ask is if there was any other thing that helped him develop his grit to continue to invent. I feel like if you have grit, you sure can go the distance no matter what occurs, Another question would be if about anything he's planning on unveiling to the public in a couple of years from now. I truly want to see how far he can help us advance our modern day tech within a reasonable time frame.

5) I believe the entrepreneurs opinion of hard work was perseverance and grit to continue on, even after many failures, ultimately results in success.
   

2 comments:

  1. Elon Musk is a really interesting dude. The way he thinks and wants to find new ways to basically live daily is intriguing and somewhat inspiring. He is definitely someone who is willing to take risks on out of the box ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Berteau,

    I am always interested and amazed to hear what Elon Musk is up to and planning to do next. It just amazes me as to how one can think and imagine the world in the manner Musk does. And to make his ideas and goals into reality might have seemed impossible years ago, however he persevered and used his advanced intelligence to make it possible.

    ReplyDelete