- The first two females I interviewed agreed that something needed to be done regarding the virus but, they believed the efforts of creating care packages was excessive and that other measures can be done to help the people eat healthier.
- I was interviewing a guy near the career connections center when another one overheard us speaking and decided to join on the interview as well. They both believed that the care package could be seen as a "dirty" way to profit off a sickness and would rather want a medication to be made as a solution.
- I decided to interview another female. She stated that the virus isn't necessarily that big of a deal, she believes medication is already making its way, and that the care package wouldn't be beneficial.
What: A problem regarding this situation is not everyone would want to eat from outside sources. They'd rather stay native which, still leads to the problem of knowing whether an animal is carrying a zoonotic disease or not.
Why: People have the ability to eat healthier and can also choose to eat meat that aren't rodents.
Inside the Boundary: Outside the Boundary:
Who: The people who care for their health and The people who believe the sickness is
others not at all serious and is only in China
What: The need is to contain the virus, find The need is not to limit what people eat
proper medication and eat clean food or completely destroy animals who carry zoonotic diseases
Why: The need exists to help the ones who are People can find healthier alternatives
already sick and to ensure the health of to eat and should wait for medicine
others
Hi, Berteau:
ReplyDeleteI liked the breakdown of your interviews, and can actually relate to points made in all of them. I do see the first two ladies' points in the care packages being "excessive," as there are probably other, less-involved methods to attack healthier eating. I also understand how someone could view the care packages as a "dirty" way to make a profit, but it's honestly no different than hospitals/insurance companies when you feel they're ripping you off when all you're trying to do is maintain health . . . I also believe medicine could already solve the problem the care packages are intended to solve. I see the benefit in the care packages, but I also see the validity in the points raised in your interviews.